45 February 15th, 2013 Will Nathan Parsons Return To General Hospital For The Big 5-0?

When we last saw Nathan Parsons on General Hospital, his character of Ethan Lovett had been sent away after the whole “Woman In White” storyline debacle, the Cassadine drama that followed, and the Luke/Holly/Robert bio-dad drama!  Now, the talented actor is being seen on ABC Family’s hit series, Bunheads!

TV Guide Magazine’s Michael Logan caught up with Parsons to ask, if there is any possibility that both he and Jonathan Jackson (Ex-Lucky, GH, now Avery, Nashville) might make a return for General Hospital’s upcoming 50th Anniversary as the Spencer boys?

Parsons revealed, “They’re actually talking about that and it would be so good to see everybody. They call every now and then and ask if I’d be interested in coming back for something longer. If the situation is right, I’d absolutely do it, but things have been pretty busy lately and pilot season is happening. So we’ll see.”

Parsons also relates that when he left his day job on GH, he wasn’t so sure how things would work out for his career: “I was so worried when I left GH in early 2012, so scared I’d never work again.  Pilot season came and went and I didn’t get anything. I was, like, ‘Aurghh! My life is over!’ But then Bunheads came along. (Laughs)And I was so happy to take off my shirt!”

So soapers would you like to see Nathan and Jonathan return for General Hospital’s 50th Anniversary? Let us know!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. CTwildheart says:

I would absolutely LOVE to see Ethan come back to General Hospital! If he can only do a short stint for now…that’s okay with me too. He can catch up with Lulu and Luke and Kristina…

2. brendaking says:

Hope it will be good on all my children and one life to live will it be coming on televison

Bonnie replied

not for now

3. janet says:

Yes Nothing like the originals. We need Lucky and I have always like Nathan. Ethan is fine.It would have been better if he turned out to be Robins brother,but can’t have everything.!

jim replied

he does look more like he’d be Robins brother than Luckys or Lulus. He actually looks more like a Cassidine. or too bad Franco didnt have a son instead of a daughter and it was Ethan. Then he could have had the E.L.Q. share.

4. Carol Bryan says:

oolala of course I would love to see Nathan and Jonathan back on GH. Although I’m really loving Jonathan on Nashville too.

5. jim says:

Lucky should return definately but it doesnt matter if Ethan shows up or not. I never felt the Ethan character fit in, even if he was Lukes son. But i guess since he is Lukes it be okay.

6. Aria says:

Yes, he’s so hot…..

7. ethel says:

i hope nathan does come back – they can always pair him with the nukristina…………..ijs

8. Angie says:

Yes Definitely would love to have Nathan P back as Ethan for as long as possible. I know Frank & Ron would do him justice. They could write him a good story with lots of shirtless scenes. After all he is the next generation Luke. There are so many possibilities with his character.

9. Janice says:

I love him. I hope it works out for him to come back. Big things are ahead of that talented boy!

10. k/kay says:

I see no point to his character bad idea RC drop the idea please.

Justin replied

WHO? I must have missed him. Oh well…

11. Jean says:

yes! I’m getting a bad feeling though. So many former characters are showing up I worry that we’re being set up for cancellation. Please say it ain’t so!

Bonnie replied

it anit so

12. Nancy (Save Thesoaps) says:

YEA!!! Bribf Ethan back and give him a decent story!! If only they would bring Lexie Ainsworth back too!!!

13. Rae says:

Heck, yes! Love them both!

14. Debbie Harris says:

I think it would be Awesome if both Spencer boys returned for the 50th anniversary of GH!!
    Come home Ethan and Lucky!

15. Renee says:

I would love it if they could bring Nathan back to GH for the 50th anniversary or even something more permanent. He was great as Luke’s son!! and a perfect match for Kristina, especially now that she is “older”. What a possibility for a new supercouple…

16. Debby Long says:

Please come back to stay Nathan PLEASE PLEASE : )

17. Joshua says:

Would ANYBODY miss him if he didn’t?

CTwildheart replied

I miss him now.

18. jim says:

couldnt prospect park just bring back port charles. gh is starting to get character overload. i do like seeing the returns for the 50th but knowing most is brief, and hating to see some leave, id be happy to see a reboot port charles just to keep those available around longer.

19. jim says:

is Skye returning? why didnt Anna have someone search the water for Heather? why didnt Anna believe John when he insisted someone is impersonating him, especially when she knows its possible after Faison fooled her into believing he was Duke, and will Todd go free after it is proven he did save Danny from Caleb

jim replied

When i asked about Anna having the water searched for Heather, i meant right away while Anna was there. And why wasnt police shown at the wharf instead of just Anna.? I just feel there should have more police there with all that was going on.

Patrick replied

I wondered the same thing…

LOL… knowing our Heather….. the cat of nine lives… and always seems ahead of the curve, as it were…. she’s port charles consult…. she knows everything… maybe she’s looking for Jason… LOL.

Heather Webber! ? ! ?

———————–

SIDEBAR: I am not 100% in to this “Vampire” ugh…. yet… what’s saving it… is Rafe and Molly….. two adorable kids…. altho… I think she’s way too young to be juggling “two” boyfriends… I don’t like that fact that T.J. is already Jelous… all three of them are CUTE as a button… and the writers should keep them as much… just cute kids… getting to know each other… and certainly no entanglements that kids don’t need yet….

jim replied

I wish they would write Molly, T.J., and newcomber Rafe as three friends instead of a teen triangle. T.J. was too jealous too soon …i agree with you there. As for the vampires, i believe there arnt going to really be any and its all just a mystery with a reasonable explaination. The only monster in PC is Dr. Britt. lol. Love Heather. Wish they could do a mental hospital scene where our current Heather is confronted by the two actresses who played Heather b4 Robin M. and have them all claiming to be the real Heather Webber. I think that would be a very funny and clever inside joke.

20. Jeannie Hahn says:

Oh, heck yeah! Definitely need JJ and Nathan back on #GH. I need to see both of them in scenes with Laura. I’m happy that they are both working and busy, but I need JJ back for at least a handful of episodes. Nathan needs to come back, but he deserves a good story line for Ethan. I would love to see what he would do with Ron C’s writing. Ron and Nathan are both great at humor.

21. Elhu says:

Enjoyed Nathan/Ethan and would love to see him come back, even for a short time!!!! I would also love to see Jonathan Jackson and Tyler Christopher return as well, and see the Spencer Family complete (and Nikolas/Tyler reuniting with his Mom/Laura and siblings again).

22. Melissa says:

I would love to see Nathan back on GH, miss seeing Ethan

23. MK says:

I know Laura was told about Ethan (off screen) but I would like Laura to meet Ethan at least once.

24. bc says:

bunheads is awful. it’s great that shonda rimes bashed bunheads for its lack of racial diversity. the lead chars are all white w/c is typical of racist hollywood. shonda should speak up more often bec her tv shows have more racial diversity compared to majority of hollywood tv shows. scandal should have cast dark skinned latino actor to portray potus though for more racial diversity and bec having a white president has been done too much already. and the white actor who portrays the president is not really attractive especially when paired w/ the very pretty fashionista kerry washington. scandal should have cast a hunky and dark skinned latino actor for the role of the president bec soapy scandal needs a real hunky leading man who is not white. soap operas have enough white leading men already. tv as a whole really lacks racial minority leading chars and especially Asian american leading chars. a study from “cultural diversity and ethnic minority psychology” could provide an explanation for the hatred towards asian americans from hollywood. asian americans are the majority among academic and corporate and medical settings. pew research has reported that asian americans graduate at a higher rate compared to all groups and are the most educated compared to all groups and make up the majority among professional and managerial roles. yet asian american actors are seldom represented when tv shows are abt academic and corporate and medical settings. the study showed that Asian americans are less likely to be promoted to leadership roles compared to whites. and this is despite asian american qualifications. the study was abt employee’s assertiveness and agreeableness and leadership potential. the study showed that the dominant Asian american employee was more hated compared to a dominant white employee and a passive white employee and a passive asian american employee. the study showed that the most valued expectation from Asian american employees is that they should know “their place” w/c is obviously very patronizing and racist. if lgbts were told to know “their place” then everyone from glaad to hollywood to mainstream manhattan media would be screaming homophobia. apply the study to hollywoood and it could be an explanation for hollywood’s blatant racism towards Asian americans. hollywood’s racist and wants asian americans to know “their place” w/c for hollywood means supporting and background roles while the majority of leading roles are for white people and there are a growing number of leading roles for white lgbt chars. hollywood is all abt “realism” when limiting roles for racial minority actors. hollywood creates period dramas like “mad men” and “pam am” w/c wouldn’t have racial minorities bec of its 60s corporate settings. yet those shows have had white lgbt chars of course. period dramas are becoming the trend for hollywood bec period dramas would have all white casts and could still have white lgbt chars while not having any racial minority chars bec of “realism” for the storylines. hollywood loves to use “realism” to limit the presence of racial minorities. yet hollywood never uses “realism” on academic and corporate and medical tv shows when those shows should have majority Asian american chars. typical from the rolerance crowd of hollywood.

What the? replied

Ummmmmm…….what does this have to do with Nathan coming back to GH???

CTwildheart replied

Nathan has a small role on Bunheads. Other than that, nothing.

Angela replied

Absolutely nothing. Some people have nothing to say so they insert themselves into other peoples conversations and babble. They think that they have an audience but no. It’s just sad. BUT…… with Genie back I think they should definately bring back Jonathan and Ethan for whatever time they can give. They are still on abc (or abc family) so it shouldn’t be too difficult to do. Lets hope.

Bonnie replied

agree

gloria replied

Really, what the??

25. Margot says:

That would be awesome!

26. Glen says:

Never cared for the character of Ethan. I found him to be smug and sneering and he always looked like he needed a shower. Hope he stays gone.

27. Bonnie says:

I think a short visit would be nice, this time around he would be better paired with Kristina since she is older, but I am liking her with Johnney. I agree I do wish that Dodge could have been Robins’s brother it is a better match.

Another note, I am loving all the classic GH characters back! I much prefer them to the newer added characters.

28. Michele says:

Oh yes please! I loved Ethan. I wished he would have stayed around. Seems with so many others returning, especially family, he should have a decent story line. I got YES!

29. jamie says:

Bring back the Spencer boys!!!! Get some wicked Spencer SL going on!

30. Scott says:

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!

31. Jackie says:

Absolutely!! He was such a great addition to GH! Would love to see him return for good!!! Please Nathan(?)

32. Lisa Baughman says:

Yes. Bring them back. Especially Nathan and Ethan. Started watching about a year ago but have caught up by watching every “classic” episode on SOAP at 4&5AM.