155 May 5th, 2013 UPDATE: Contrary to Misinformed Tweet That She Passed Away, Y&R’s Jeanne Cooper is Still Alive!

Photo Credit: Charles Bush

On-Air On-Soaps wanted to update our site visitors on the latest on the developments in Jeanne Cooper’s  (Katherine Chancellor ) medical condition, which we know fans have been following day to day showing their love and support of the iconic star of The Young and the Restless.

This afternoon, rumors began swirling that the 84-year-old Daytime Emmy winner had passed away.  The original offending tweet apparently came from @bravomaxine who related to her followers, “RIP Jeanne Cooper (1911-2013) Dead”  It was then reported at Jeanne Cooper’s facebook page that a tweet went out from former Y&R star, Victoria Rowell (Ex-Drucilla) who had misinformation.  Cooper’s page said, “Despite @victoriarowell’s previous post #JeanneCooper’s passing, she is still very much alive. Please disregard this misinformation.”

Eric Braeden (Victor, Y&R) also quickly took to his Twitter account to rally around his long time beloved co-star Cooper, relating: “Contrary to some statement, Jeanne Cooper is doing better and sitting with her daughter Caren by her bedside!!”

Jeanne Cooper’s family also clarified the rumors on her facebook relating:  “We have been read some articles that report Jeanne as having passed away. And while it is true that she is indeed still in the hospital and undergoing care, she is still with us and we are grateful that she is. We do not yet know what the future holds, but that is the nature of life. We know that updates have been less frequent, but that is because we are focusing all of our energy on her at this time. We continue to thank you all for your love, support, and prayers. Thank you! Love to all!”

On-Air On-Soaps moments ago spoke to a family representative and confirmed that Jeanne is said to be holding her own and doing somewhat better today, and yes, she is still very much alive!

We will keep you updated as information warrants on the developments in Jeanne’s health situation, but wanted to make sure, you, her fans, had the latest correct information.  Share your thoughts here on the latest developments and keep sending your thoughts and prayers Jeanne’s way.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. LisaJ says:

She would love this. It’s starting to turn into a real-life soap opera! Go Jeanne! Your fans love you and are pulling for you. ;-)

amy replied

The part I like best is the dates 1911-2013….that makes her 102!!!
    haha funny how people are so quick to post these days! Let the family be, let them care for her and let them inform the public (if they choose)
    Everybody has to be in everybody else’s business these days! makes me sick!

Krista replied

That’s good! I actually found Corbin Bernson on Facebook last night and I copied and pasted what I wrote on his website. His brother was saying that where she was in pain, they had to let her go (or something to that effect). Anyway, I’m just glad that he didn’t just “let her go” until God had a chance to do HIS part; I’ll just have to keep praying and hope she keeps improving

Carrie replied

I do NOT believe Victoria Rowell did this. I think she was set up by haters! MY GOD will they ever leave poor Victoria Rowell star favorite actress alone!!! So sick of it! So sick of these Sharon haters and Dru haters. Yet they love that Chin Chelsea troll and that Avery boring Betty Crocker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k/kay replied

In the old days you had studios and managers that protected you but now that facebook and twitter which my family is not on just for this reason are out there it makes me uncomfortable. Personally I do not think CB should have put it out there what hospital his mother was in. These are not fans sometimes they are stalkers just ask Andrea Evans/Tina on OLTL she was stalked and in fear of her life for years. All I need to hear from the family is a simple request we keep her in our thoughts and prayers and the rest is none of our business.

LisaJ replied

You sound like you’re on the same meds as Rowell. Either that or you (both) forgot to take them.

Crystal replied

It is highly unlikely that she was set up by haters. If she did not write that comment, she would have quickly made a statement. Besides it makes no sense why a hater would go through the trouble of hacking into her account just to tweet that Jeanne Cooper died, most would have posted very cruel and hateful tweets which that comment was not, it was just in poor taste. Victoria wrote it, some fans seriously need to accept that their favorite stars are not perfect and make mistakes like everyone else in the world.

k/kay replied

I do not know or care if you are yelling at me but stop the madness all I was saying was keep your life private. Personally I could give a shit less about VR privacy would be what I wish for this family. So no one at this house is on meds just butt out of a soap star or whatever JC business god privacy please!

Jackie replied

I pray for her recovery according to Gods will. We have enjoyed her and surely if you are a fan as I am, she will be missed but until then, “God’s Speed Ahead” and may God continue to bless her and all of us today and everyday.

2. robin fletcher says:

:) This gal will recover. Just watch!

Jennifer Debus replied

YEs she will. I have faith she will overcome this

3. Ashley says:

I’m so glad to hear that Jeanne is doing well; been keeping prayers going her way and she’s such a strong-willed woman with a strong heart and beautiful soul. I’m only in my early 20s but she’s absolutely amazing. <3

4. Michael says:

Thanks for the update Michael.

5. karen says:

omg it scared me to death. I love Jeannie Cooper.People shouldn’t get rumors flowing all over like that. I have been trying to keep up on her health problems in real life and the rumors is just not right. Jeannie I hope you are feeling better and doing real well. I will always watch your shows and like you as a person, I sure hope you are doing a lot better

starr replied

as of Friday her son Corbin didn’t think she was doing very good after the second round at the hospital, she was in critical condition again. That’s what we read anyhow, So that is probally why she thought that she had passed. I’m so glad to hear she is still her, I just love her to watch on the Young and the Restless. I’m sure she meant well.

Y&R Fan replied

NO ONE should be putting out info about Jeanne but the family and one certainly shouldn’t ASSUME she passed because of a comment “that she wasn’t doing well.” It’s the family’s responsibilty or a spokesperson designated by the family.

6. Judy says:

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is doing somewhat better. Continued prayers for her and her family!

nothing but love for jeanne.

8. Jennifer Debus says:

Thank you for putting this rumor to rest. May God give Jeanne healing and bring her back to her family

9. marion says:

jeannie is a fighter and i beleive she will pull thu this. i am praying for her. the y&r needs her and so does her fans

10. claudiakurzyna says:

I am praying for her! I have been a fan of the Young and the Restless for the last several years, and I doo look forward to seeing her on the show!. There will be extra special prayers said for her by me tonight when I pray!

11. Pamela Remmers says:

Bless you for making this clear to all who love and are praying for Jeanne’s recovery.

Good news!!! My thoughts and prayers are with Jeanne and her family! Please feel better soon Jeanne!!!

13. Timmy says:

Praying for Jeanne, her family, friends and countless fans around the world. Sad that someone would post such a heartless rumor… and very happy that Jeanne, the feisty and classy lady that she truly is, is still with us.

<3 from Florida <3

14. ethel says:

thank you for posting the truth michael………………still praying!

15. jon says:

But…what is wrong with her?!?!?!?!?!

Melody carter replied

I gotta admitt…I’d like to know what’s wrong w/her too ???

LisaJ replied

It’s not been said what’s going on. I don’t think she has a terminal illness, though. But….she IS an ex-smoker, and has been getting pneumonia over and over again over the last year or so. Each each, she really gets the stuffing out of her and it’s just making her weaker and weaker and (therefore) more difficulty to bounce back/recover. IMO, she really has not seemed the same since she was off the show (almost two years ago now) when they had *Ma Walton* substitute. Of course, I’m just going by what I see on the show.

tina barnes replied

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY IS WRONG TOO. HOWEVER THE STORY LINES HAD HER WITH TUMOR. BUT SHE HAS STILL BEEN ON A FEW SHOTS. SO THEY PROBABLY DID THEM AHEAD OF TIME KNOWING SHE WOULD BE HOSPITALIZED HOPE SHES WELL SOON.

joanie replied

she has an infection of some kind…took its toll on her…

16. Kelly says:

Get well soon. <3

17. Adrienne Radio Becker says:

May.5 2013 Good afternoon michael i dont know u personaly from the bottom of my heart thank u for telling all of us about corbin caron and colin mother update.this os 1 beautiful and classey and much more person inside and out god bless her and her entire family always and god bless u always and doing such amazing job for leting us know how she is doing .hope to meet u sometime in the near future.Love adrienne radovich. becker

18. Eileen Hargis says:

Victoria Needs to stay out of this. Jeanne’s family have been doing a wonderful job of keeping fans in the loop of her conditiion. Daniel Goddard, Doug Davidson, Jess Walton and Eric Braeden too. She is NOT a part of Y and R and needs to not misinform!!!!!

Heidi replied

That was really rude! You don’t know these’s people, for all you know Victoria is very near and dear to Jeanne, regardless if she is a cast member or not.

Eileen Hargis replied

Which of these people are u talking about? I happen to know Jess Walton very well, I used to work for one of her best friends. I know just about everyone in the cast but i sure wouldnt take it upon myelf to post something like she did! A simple phone call or two, if she IS still friends wirh them to check out Jeanne’s condition before posting is all it would have taken.She didnt, because she isnt. It is widely known how most of the cast feel about Ms. Rowell and she knows it.

Eve Bash replied

Victoria may have been misinformed but that’s not her fault. And she was a part of Y&R for a long time, even if you may not remember that. She used to play the part of Drucilla Winters, Neil’s wife before she “Died” on the show. Anyway, I believe she loves Jeanne as much as her fans (us) do & she meant well. Don’t be so hard on her. I really hope and pray that Jeanne will be able to come home to her family really soon. She is an Amazing lady & a fabulous actress. She is still very much needed here on earth. My payers for her and her family are still very much here. Please God, heal this Wonderful woman & allow her family to bring her home…. where she belongs. Thank You. Amen.

matthew replied

Shout out to miss Victoria! I don’t appreciate being given false reports from FOX news and I don’t appreciate your lies either. obviously your not in the know so unless you hear it directly from the family, check your bad sources and worry about your own snatch!

Eileen Hargis replied

Eve, I very well remember who Victoria is and the role she played. I also remember WHY she left and why she is no longer a part of Y and R, do you?

Mary Carroll Lalonde replied

Victoria Rowell hasn’t been on the show in years!!! Her comments and remarks are unwarranted!! She should know better and check her information before posting !!! This was unnecessarily hurtful to so many. Jeanne’s family and friends have been doing a marvelous job for her, and of keeping us informed!!!

toscanti replied

I do not understand how so many can defend VR and her misinformation. It was wrong and her responsibility to ensure the information was accurate prior to posting. If that were my parent she posted had passed away I would be irate. VR is nothing but trouble, sorry to those who continue to make her excuses. What she posted was inexcusable and is definitely her FAULT!

Eve replied

Matthew, you don’t have to be so nasty. Seriously. Chill out. we all have a right to our own opinions. I’m not blaming her for being wrong. and it doesn’t matter whether she’s no longer a part of Y&R or not. She knows Jeanne personally…. which most of us don’t. and yeah, she could’ve checked with the family before she posted what she did. Everyone makes mistakes. no one is perfect. the Important thing is that Jeanne is still with us and that though she’s not in the best of health right now, everyone who love’s her is praying for her… and her family is with her. I just pray that she is well enough to go home soon to her family. :)

matthew replied

Eve I’m not being nasty. But if your being fitted for your black funeral dress and ready to embalm somebody before they’ve even expired-that’s what’s nasty and its a mistake you just don’t make. NOT OKAY. VR owes that family a big apology. With everything they’re going thru right now the last thing they need is Victorias daytime DRAMA!

Lifelong Y&R viewer replied

VR was only looking for ATTENTION. Because of her hateful racist actions against Y&R this is why she was booted out and barred from coming back. She continuously begs for attention because it eats her alive that she will never again be able to interfere with the #1 top soap. That was certainly a low blow posting lies.

19. Mary Russell says:

It sounds like Jeanne Cooper is doing better. So glad to hear that. Prayers are with the family. Hope she gets out of the hospital soon. GET WELL SOON JEANNE COOPER!!!!!

Nancy E. Dunn replied

Thank you Michael for giving all of Jeanne’s friends the truth about her condition!! I have prayed for her complete recovery all weekend, & hope it helped some. Tough lady & I believe she’ll be with us for a long time. Hang in there Duchess, & God bless you & your family! Sending all my love!!!

20. Lauriesmusic says:

I am so encouraged to see so many people praying for Jeanne Cooper! Social networking can be a cold place sometimes with destructive words, hate, bullying and other negative chatter, but in times like this I regain new hope for the human race when so many people unite with prayers!

21. Barbara Duvall says:

Our prayers continue to be with Jeanne. I just read Corbin’s post from yesterday and I know how hard it is on all her children, but God is always with her and with all the family. There are so many praying for Jeanne and my prayer is God’s will be done. None of us are ever ready to let our loved ones go, but we have to believe in God’s wisdom and infinity!!!!

22. Kimberly McBride says:

Prayer works miracles. Happy day!!!

23. Donna says:

Love, Love Love this woman…Prayers are with her and her family.

24. randy says:

micheal, thank you for the updates..id hate to think victoria rowell or any one else in that matter would start a vicious rumor like that just to be spitefull,,,on a brighter note how sweet it is to hear miss cooper is doing a lil better…so many of her fans out here are rooting for a recovery for her,,not easy to let go of someone who has ben a part of your life for over 30 years even if through a tv screen..i met jeanne cooper and jess walton bout 20 years ago..the two of them were delicious together going in and out of character,, wel wishes to you jeanne cooper and her family…im just a fan who cares,,,

25. Anita Segraves says:

Prayers for Jeanne, we love and appreciate her very much, prayers to the family. Looking forward to seeing her again soon on Y&R.

26. mimi kitchen says:

I am so glad to hear she is still with us, i am praying for her and her family, i have watched her on the Y/R from day one and have also seen her in many movies, she is a great actress and a beautiful person. God Bless her and her family..

27. Sue says:

I don’t think GOD is ready for her yet.I think he has something else for her to do.Hang in there Jeanne,we love you.

28. Diane DeRousse says:

I Knew You were still Around Young Lady!! So Much Love and Tons of Prayers Go Out To You and Your Family!! You Keep getting Better Okay?! Love Always Diane

29. Julie says:

thank you for the update..I have been following with Corbin since the beginning.just went to Jeanne’s fb page and saw someone said she passed when in fact Corbin said otherwise.thanks for the clarification..my prayers continue for a full recovery and how encouraging to hear she sat up with her daughter.Mrs C (Duchess) is a very strong woman I have watched her since day one..you hang in there keep fighting My prayers continue god bless

30. Trudy Usey says:

I love to see Mrs. cooper on the Young And The Restless .I will be praying for the Lord to heal her and be with all the family.

31. stacy says:

Glad she is doing better. Continued prayers for her and her family.

32. donna says:

Positive thoughts and Prayers Jeanne to you and your family!!!!

33. Leah Wright says:

Glad she is doing better and I continue to pray. I know that our prayers and the outpouring of love from all over is a profound blessing to her. Get Well Soon Jeanne Cooper!

34. Julie says:

I’m hoping for a quick recovery and return to the Y&R family….Duchess you are the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay strong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

35. Debi Dowdy says:

I love you Mrs. C! Please get some rest so we can have you back on Y & R! Please know you have a lot of fire in you and I want to see some more! I want you to really tell Jill off! Sorry Jess. I love you too. We want you back in the saddle! Much Love and tons of Hugs from the right coast~ Debi

36. Brenda says:

Still praying for this beautiful young lady to get better real soon. I hope she dosent read all the negative comments, she dosent need to get upset! We love you MRS C…Please get better real soon!

37. bELLE says:

Jeanne, I am rooting for you for a speedy recovery. I know you can do it. Surprise us all and appear again on the Y&R with your smiling face.

38. Beverley Acres says:

So Happy to hear that Mrs.C. is doing better, yous are all in my prayers.Please get well soon Mrs. C. we Love you. xox :)

39. jill schmuck says:

Again Victoria Rowell has to steal the limelight. She doesn’t seem to understand this is cruel to upstage a drying woman’s last few days. So shameful words can’t descibe it.

40. Roberta Bodemer says:

I am a 70 year old fan of Jeanne for many years. She is one in a million..a great actress and person. I purchased her book and got to know much more about this lovely lady. Even though we have never met..I love her dearly. I will keep her in my prayers.
    I thought I saw pictures of her at home..How come she is again in the hospital????
    Please inform….My 46 year old son and myself send our love to a very special regal lady ! Jeanne..We

Roberta Bodemer replied

we love you!!

41. Beti says:

I think what Victoria Rowell posted was pure malice and uncalled for. I only believe her son, Corbin and Jeanne’s updates. Praying for a complete recovery.

42. Doris Sprouse says:

Thanks for clearing the rumor, my prayers are still with Jeanne and family. She is a very strong person and a heck of a fighter. We love her and she is gonna’ be up and back on her feet before we know it. Hang in there Jeanne, love you.

43. Cathy says:

Thanks for the update….❤❤❤ her n pray that if n when god calls she will be at peace and us as fans will be that much better to have her in our lives! Bless her family too!

44. nell says:

Praying hard!!!

45. Derrick says:

Oh good! Thought I was gonna pass out but after looking at this, this is good!

46. Gay Cole says:

Jeanne Cooper was my Mom’s favorite my mom and I have been watching Y & R since 1973 Jeanne will always be in our Prayers.

47. Thunder says:

We need to know why she is sick!!!!!!! Its not hard to just say it!!!!

danylle replied

Unless Ms Cooper would like you, -Thunder-to know why she is sick, no, you do NOT NEED to know. It’s no one’s business but hers. USA has confidentiality laws -HEPPA- protecting Ms. Cooper and everyone else.

Hope to enjoy her great work soon!!

Thunder replied

Its important, cuz it didn’t happen within her. Its an enviroment/bacterial/virus issue..whatever it was. It killed one of her neighbors, so yeah, we have the right to know to better protect ourselves. She would have no problem telling us. Its just that….Corbin….her son….doesn’t want to protect the public. :-(

48. diane says:

I;m glad Jeanne is doing better…my prayers are with Jeanne and the family…to the one that posted the false information I hope your happy with yourself.

49. Linda Patrick says:

YWe love you so much Jeanne.We know that you will recover you are a strong lady.To let you know we lit a candle and are praying for you.It will stay lit till you recover.We love you Jeanne.

50. Melody carter says:

I know this sounds selfish but, Please get better & come back !!! You are the Root of the Y & R …We all love you so much !!! I don’t watch soaps as much as I once did but, anytime I do it’s always Y & R …and I always look for The Dutchess ;) I love her eyes ….I could always tell what was gonna happen next (sort of)…kinda like Betty Davis Eyes. Anyway, my thoughts & Prayers are with you more lately than ever !!! I check everyday on your progress…<3 ya Dutchess !!!

51. Margie says:

So happy to read this was a misunderstanding and not fact. My continued prayers going out to Jeanne and her family…God bless you all.
    Thank you for the update and keeping us posted.

52. Dee Madore says:

Thank you for the update on Jeanne. There were no posts from Corbin for a few days. It is very unsettling not being able to read about her every day on his FB page. I know that his mother is his priority right now but we, her fans, need to be updated. We are sick at heart not knowing how she is and no one will tell us what is wrong with her. She is my ‘family’ too, she is in my living room every week day and we miss her. You go Jeanne!!! We love you..love from Nova Scotia, Canada. Come back to us!!

53. Karen says:

Is there any way to block this Bravomaxine person? She is still sending disgusting tweets! I personally think it might be VR.

54. Linda Patrick says:

Please will everyone lite a candle an keep praying for Jeanne Cooper to get well? An please keep them lit till god answers our prayers an make Jeanne well so she can go home an be with her family for more years with them an with her fans .

55. Heidi says:

May God’s angel’s continue to protect you and give you the strength to heal back to your bubbly self Jeanne. Wishing you well from Ontario Canada.

56. nancy says:

So glad the Queen is holding her own…hoping she is getting much needed rest…relax…enjoy…live…laugh…love….what else is there..prayers & love to u & family

57. jim and judy says:

hang in there kid. we are praying for you to get well. kyjim and judy

58. Rose says:

Get well my dear Jeanne ! God Bless you! So happy to hear Jeanne is doing so much better! Thanks for the update Michael!!!

59. Marjean Spencer says:

Thank you God, when there is life, there is hope. Thoughts, prayers and love to Jeanne and her beloved family.

60. Pat Eunis says:

Praise the Lord!!!
    My husband and I are very happy to hear that this was just a misinformation rumor.
    So very happy to hear that Jeanne Cooper is doing better.
    Prayers are still going up for her to be completely healed.

61. Danielle says:

I will say a prayer for the whole Cooper famliy may God be with u all I’m a big fan of Jeanne (a k a Miss C) I hope she get well soon one again I will keep the Cooper family in my prayers …God bless you all.

62. Carolyn Brown says:

I just read the encouraging news about Mrs. C and I feel so relieved that she is doing somewhat better. After all the sad news the past couple days, it does sound promising. Keep up the fight and don’t give up because we are all pulling for you with lots of love & prayers. Uplifting news for sure!

63. Adriene Robinson says:

Thank God! Had not heard the rumor, but
    so thankful I didn’t cause I would definitely be in state!!
    Still praying her strength in the Lord.

64. Brian Greene says:

Bless You, Michael, Corbin, & Miss Jeanne! :D

65. Sharon S. says:

Jeanne, you are such a true and brave spirit. I do hope and pray that this is NOT the end of your wonderful life. God does work miracles. I pray that he shows the world that only HE can pull you out of this health crisis. The world is not ready to say goodbye to you. We love you, Mrs. C.
    Best regards to you & your family.
    Sharon S.
    Kentucky

66. Lynne Rote says:

Thank you for putting the truth out there concerning Jeanne Cooper–her family has enough to deal with right now! All of her fans pray for a recovery, but are accepting of the fact we could lose her.

67. Val says:

I figured that Tweet had to be a hoax because they didn’t even get her birth year right! Praying for continued improvement for Jeanne and peace for her loving family! :)

68. Susan says:

Please let Jeanne know how much her fans love her. I have been watching her almost since the day she started on Y&R and her strength and spunk as Katherine has inspired me. Sending huge hugs and love.

69. Barbara says:

Jeanne,you and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers. Rest my friend. God bless you for all that you have gave me for so many years. Again thank you. Your really special to me. You truly are the Duchess.

70. Mary Carroll Lalonde says:

I for one am very fortunate that I did not see that posting, that would’ve upset me immensely as I’m sure it did quite a few. I am also lucky that my sources are extremely reliable as it comes from Jess Walton and Corbin Bernsen. I honestly appreciate every bit of information both of them have provided!!!! I grew up with Jeanne snd Jess and they are my family!!! I love you Jeanne!!!! Take care!!! get well!!! baby steps … HUGS!!!!

71. Barb says:

Thank you for setting the record straight. Rumors are one thing the family does not need right now. Their wonderful mother, grandmother is sick and they should be focusing on that not worring about idots out there spreading rumors. God Bless Jeanne and her family and glad to hear she is doing a little better. Please keep us posted . Love her so much.

72. alesha o l says:

sending <3 well wishes prayers feisty Mrs C

73. connie says:

My love my thoughts and my prayers are with you every hour of the day , keep fighting jeanne cause were there with you .

74. Connie says:

God Bless you, Miss Jeanne. We all love you and are praying for you. Thank you for the wonderful years you have given us on Y&R!

75. Penny says:

Now I somehow think she will pull through this and if so, I think any more time on this earth she may have should be spent with her family. Her family has let us in for years, it is time for us to give her back to her family. If Fridays last scene, is Jeanne’s last scene I am fine with that. Prayers and love to Jeanne & her family.

76. Barry says:

That Victoria will do anything to get her name in the paper

77. Lawrence says:

Thank god shes still alive. There is still hope for the future. Get well Mrs. cooper. love you and god bless

78. Nancy Dunn says:

Thank you Michael for giving all of Jeanne’s friends the truth about her condition!! I prayed for her complete recovery all weekend & hope it helped some. I will continue to keep her in my prayers! Tough lady & I believe she’ll be with us for a long time. God bless her & her family. All my love to them!!

79. Judy M Eye says:

glad she is still with us, i was reading reports from her son, Corbin, or thought i was, sending her prayers and love…

80. Brenda says:

I am relieve to hear Jeanne Cooper is alive and well and still with us. I had just heard the news..I have been watching the Y&R since early 70′s and to this day I try and catch the show airing at my time at 4:30 – 5:30 pm EST., as I live in Canada. I love the show and all the actors.. My only one and true favorite soap opera. Jeanne If you can see this message my heart goes out to you and my prayers for a speedy recovery. You are so loved by all your family, friends and viewers ( fans ). Love you Jeanne.
    Brenda Horwood On Canada

81. Marcy says:

My thoughts & prayers are with you Jeanne and your beautiful family. You have a lot of love & support surrounding you, as it should be. I recently lost my beloved grandmother who started me watching Y&R when I was a little girl & I know if she were still here with me she would want me to tell you how much we love you AND love watching your spirited alter ego. If it’s not your time, keep fighting the good fight & know that you are very much loved! God Bless…

82. Carol says:

So glad to see that Jeanne is feeling better today. Such a heavy heart the other nite after reading her son’s last posting. Hope for more good day ahead!!!!!

83. Lamar Pickens says:

I am very relieved that Jeanne is still with us! We Love her very much and that false news made us sad! I have no idea why people jump on and say that someone has passed away when it is totally false! We are hoping that she recovers her health so she can Live out her life to the fulliest! Have been a fan of hers for most of Y&R years and no one can play her like she can!!

84. Chaz says:

Michael Logan slammed her…

Michael Logan ‏@TVGMLogan 3h

Victoria Rowell: Desperate actress using this time of great sadness to further her own notoriety. But is anyone surprised? Keep praying

85. L M Udulutch says:

Please get better Ms.Cooper! Many prayers are coming your way! Know that you are very loved!!!

86. Robin says:

I Know Jeanne that you are a strong willed beautiful women and have a lot of live to give. If you retire from y&r – we will have to accept this – We love you and just want you on earth for a long time – we love you and i bet your litle puppy is missing its Mommy So much – Hurry up and get well and get home to that puppy – We hope you stay on Y&R – we love you – just get yourself well and come home – we love you – also you have wonderful children – your son Corben has been keeping everyone very well informed on facebook – he relaly loves you – wonderful children you have

87. wanda says:

thanks for the update……we love her

88. Jacqui says:

For Jeanne… know that I am keeping you in my Prayers & asking our Creator to keep you in His Healing hands, and let you come thru this event in the best way possible for you dear lady! You were always a classy drunk & a even classier sober drunk!! Hugz, Love & Blessings dear lady!!

89. Ann Potvin in Canada says:

Thank God the rumors were wrong. I wish you well and keep up the good fight whatever would we do without Katherine Chancellor our Matriarch on Y&R. 84 is still young yet I’m sure you still have a few miles to go yet. Love U

Ann Potvin in Canada replied

Thank God rumors are false.Keep up the good figh.84 years you still have more mileage to put on that carcass of yours .Katherine Chancellor we need you

90. Ledeen A says:

I have also been a long time fan of Ms Jeanne Cooper aka mrs chanceller and I want to send my prayers to her for a continued speedy recovery and to the family .. stay strong – I believe we all have a purpose and only God knows what tomorrow will bring but with love, prayers and support I feel she will continue to get better.. LA

91. joanie says:

i have been following corbins posts so thankfully I never heard that she supposedly passed away…I wont believe it til I hear it from corbin…her son…Im so glad shes still with us and is fighting..We love you so much Jeanne and are awaiting for your return to young and the restless….we are praying for you every day all day long we’re true loyal fans of yours Jeanne…Mrs C

92. rose says:

i have watched her from day one.always a very classey lady.will miss her .

93. Stephanie says:

I can understand how that rumor started. Corbin Bernson put on his Facebook page something that could have made someone believe that. He stated that he said goodbye to his mother. People can take that many ways.

starr replied

agree but she made a mistake. She obviously thought different and was trying to be respectful thinking so in my opinion. I think it should just be dropped and forgiven. She made a mistake.. End of story as I said I am sure she didn’t mean any disrespect. I miss her on the Young and Restless too. Her son said he was saying good bye to her and it sounded even to me like she was not going to make it. I am sure glad she is doing better. She is one fine lady.

94. Jeanne Joanisse says:

So happy to hear that she is holding her own, my prayers to her and family.

95. Hilda says:

I knew you were a strong lady; keep up your strength Jeanne. Your family, fans want to see you back home and back on Y&R. It would never be the same without you! My heartfelt prayers are coming your way; hold on to them dear heart. Love always…<3

96. LELA BURKETT says:

OH I AM SO GLAD JEANNE IS DOING BETTER.I WATCH HER ON WESTNERS THOUGH SHE WAS TO PETTY FOR THAT.SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL.LOVE YOU JEANNE.

97. kimberlee says:

So glad she is still alive…thank you so much for keeping us fans updated. Have watched y & r for 30+ yrs.

98. Linda Gamache says:

My hubby and my dad and myself are sending tons of prayers to Ms Cooper and her family at this time we watch your show everyday. Shes a beautiful woman and will cherish her as she goes through recovery.

99. Mo says:

I keep hoping to hear good news for her. She’s a strong woman and has a lot of will.

People should not tweet things unless they know for sure. That’s how rumors start. Shame on those who tweeted this stuff.

We love you Jeanne. XOXO

100. francine sperre says:

GOOD NEWS!PRAY FOR HER TO HAVE STRENGTH AND GET WELL.SHE IS AN INSPIRATION!

101. clara says:

I am so glad she is doing so well. I am too she is still alive. yes, prayers do work as God can perform a miracle. he is not ready for her yet. who knows that she will still be acting. right?

I am still praying and Jeanne please get well soon. love u too soooo much indeed.

102. Rose says:

I love hearing about JC condition. my mom watch her and now my daughters and I watch Y&R ,,, I turn either to FB or Twitter for information about her condition ..until I read about her from her family ,I wont believe any thing ,,,,

103. Patty Hart says:

Jeanne / “Catherine”, sending prayers your way. You are one of the most beautiful women I know of on any of the soaps. Stay strong !

104. BETTYEJ says:

My prayers are with Jeanne Cooper.

105. Diane Jacques says:

I hope this is not true because she make the show and she is so pretty and nice personne and I hope she gets better soon I love her so much hope to see her on the show.

106. Angie Bishop says:

I’m keeping u & your family in my thoughts & prayers. I pray u get better soon, your a wonderful woman. May God bless u & keep u safe <3

107. Dolores Daniels says:

Honestly, this famiily just needs to be able to hug, pray, laugh and be together. May God just bless them during these days and may no one else say or do anything to add to their turmoil. They need our support just as much as Jeanne needs theirs and our prayers.

Dolores Daniels replied

Honestly, this family just needs to be able to hug, pray, laugh, and be together. May God just bless them.

108. Cathy says:

I have been watching closely and praying she would get better and stay with her fmaily a while longer.

109. Fran says:

I am praying for her and her family. I have watched Y&R since I was a little girl with my mom and nana. I really enjoy her and pray she recovers quickly.

110. Tammy Hoffman says:

To Jeanne-My prayers and thoughts are with you! I’ve been reading your Memoir and loving it! I only want the best for you! To Corbin, Caren and family- I’m also praying for some peace and strength to all of you through these tough times! Thanks soooo much for keeping us all posted Corbin!!! I check back many times through each day!! May God Bless each and every one of you, today and always!! A loyal fan… Hugs from Ohio!

111. Lori Bell says:

We love her and wish her only the best.

112. Joan says:

Thank you lord. Wishing her a strong recovery.

113. Kelly says:

PLEASE an up date on Jeanne Cooper

114. Kelly says:

We are all still PRAYING…..

115. myrna says:

PRAYING HARD FOR JEANNE COOPER’S RECOVERY.

116. Joy'e Willman says:

My Prayers go out to Jeanne that she has a speedy recovery .

117. Cathy says:

Our local news announced that she has passed away….

118. Rose says:

God Bless You Jeanne Thoughts & Prayers for a speedy recovery.

119. Linda says:

Praying that you will be better each day. Your roll on Y&R has been a stupendious ride…both during the good and bad character parts. You are a wonderful actress !

120. marilyn jones says:

i dont know what to think now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the post i read came from corbin so it said, that his mom had passed away yesterday morning.i was totaley sick to read this,i had followed jennie since day one i was heart broken,i just love mrs. C now dont know what to believe.

121. Jan says:

Oh my god…wonderful!

122. Monique says:

Well it has now being confirmed on the Global News Tuesday May 7, 2013 that Jeanne Cooper (Mrs. Murphy) (Mrs. C) has passed away. Jeanne you we’re born to be A GREAT ACTRESS R I P SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR PASSING!

123. Eileen Hargis says:

I dont believe that Victoria Rowell had any mean intent when she wrongly posted JC’s death. I do, believe, however that she heard a rumor and posted it in order to be the first to comment and LOOK as if she was in the inner circle and concerned. It backfired badly on her because at the time, Jeanne was still very much alive. It does eat at her constantly that Y and R wants no part of het due to her poor jugement and her statements and actions. She has only her self to blame as her diva attitude led her to believe she was way more important than she was! The fact that she was on two shows at a time spoke of her acting ability, too bad she didnt stick to acting instead of becoming a pain in the ass to all her cast mates at Y and R. Its a real shame when ur coworkers as,a whole DONT like yoy. THAT speaks loudly!