29 February 20th, 2013 SPOTLIGHT on Chelsea: Melissa Claire Egan’s Y&R 40th Anniversary Video!

Courtesy/CBS

The Young and the Restless and CBS.com continue to roll out some very special 40th anniversary interviews with the cast who represent the myriad of citizens on Genoa City!   Today, Melissa Claire Egan is featured as Chelsea!

During the feature, Melissa discusses first coming on to Y&R to mix it up with one of her best friends, and her former All My Children brother, Billy Miller, now Billy Abbott on the number one soap!  Melissa also admits seven years prior to being cast as Chelsea Lawson, she auditioned for the role of Colleen Carlton on Y&R!

In addition, Melissa runs through Chelsea’s  Y&R trial and tribulations, which include being pregnant by Billy, and now being pregnant again via Adam (Michael Muhney)!  She now calls Chelsea a nickname, “Fertile Francis”!  The talented actress also reveals how her character always has somebody standing in the way of her happiness!  And that person now is Sharon Newman (Sharon Case) because of the bond that Sharon and Adam have.

Watch the Y&R 40th interview with Melissa after the jump! Then, let us know, are you rooting for Adam and Chelsea? Or, Adam and Sharon? And, as has been hinted at … Cane has also taken notice of the beguiling Chelsea!  How would you feel about a Cane (Daniel Goddard) and Chelsea pairing?  Weigh-in!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. skipjones says:

love her. gorgeous gal

RUBY C. replied

OH GOD I CAN”T STAND THIS CHARACTER CHELSEA! I love Sharon with Adam soooooooo much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy replied

NO! Shadam! Sharon and Adam need to make a heir NOT Chelsea!

Sandy replied

Sharon with Adam for me better way better super couple! Sharon needs to give Adam a son and Adam will be the new Victor #SHADAM <3

2. ethel says:

i may be in the minority but i am rooting for chelsea & adam – i love them together…………i love her so much better on y&r than on amc

EventsDiva replied

Im with you. Love Chadam!

Matt replied

I LOVE Shadam better! Sharon and Adam clearly are the shows super couple! What are the writers thinking in making this Chelsea person pregnant when she never loved her son!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy replied

Chelsea knows she can’t compete with the love Sharon and Adam have and always will! :)

Ruby C. replied

My least favorite actress so far on this show in 38 years is Chelsea, She over stayed her welcome. She is not right for Ada, . The only thing they have in common is past criminal acts to others. Let Sharon and Adam have there own baby. Bye bye Chelsea!!!!!!Go fight for the son you already have.

ethel replied

sorry but i do not think chelsea’s character is going anywhere any time soon…….as far as sharon is concerned, since she has been married to every male newman, she needs to find someone else to be with ……..when adam finds out he is going to be a father he will be saying sharon who……….

3. SZima says:

Nice interview…I’m a big fan :)

Christie replied

I am a Sharon and Adam fan! They got a real chemistry! I don’t see Chelsea being a mother when she did not keep the son she had by tricking Billy to make a baby. Chelsea does NOT get Adam. Sharon understands Adam. Adam only went with Chelsea because Nick was threatening Sharon with Faith. All because of Victors tricks with framing Sharan for Skye falling of the volcano. But it was a accident. TEAM SHADAM they need a baby boy little Newman for Sharon and Adam.

4. mimi says:

I call her WonderWomban. Love Missy but I’ll always root for Adam and Sharon!

Sandy replied

SHADAM!!!!!!!!! Hands down Sharon and Adam !!! Shadam needs a wedding and a baby! No more Chelsea we have been through them they never worked the first time! Love Shadam :) :) :)

5. robert says:

One of my favorites. She has really become one of the frontrunners on Y&R.

6. deb says:

MCE is a great actress and she seems to be a nice person. Chelsea is a good character but IMO nothing beats Adam and Sharon HOT chemistry and forbidden love story. Chelsea and Cane have spark but no way will it be realistic if after all Lane has been thru Cane drops Lilly for Chelsea.

Chels and Billy would be a good idea if Billy was not with Victoria. So I say test Chelsea with Alex or Tyler.

Hey, how about Nick and Chelsea? Victor will have a cow so that would just be icing on the cake.

7. B.J. says:

Great actress! She’s one of the reasons I still watch Y&R. I hope the new regime will come to their senses and reunite Adam & Chelsea. I despised Adam, until these 2 characters reformed each other, and now it seems TPTB are going to turn Chelsea into a shrew and continue Adam’s sickening chase of Sharon. I am so tired of that, and can’t believe I’m the only fan that feels that way.

As for pairing her with Cane, that’s better than playing third to Sharon, but what about Lily?

Mary Tantalo replied

I totally agree with every word on this post. They are turning Chelsea into a shrew. I am really disgusted by this. I too am so tired of the Sharon/Adam pairing. The SHADAM turked has been in the oven way too long and has b urned to a crisp! You are not the only fan that feels this way. There are thousands and thousands and thousands out there.

Carlie replied

I AM ALL FOR SHARON AND ADAM! SORRY! THEY ARE THE HOTTEST COUPLE THEY LIGHT THE SCREEN UP! TRUE LOVE! It was never ever believable with Chelsea because Sharon and Adam were like a Romeo and Juliet couple so in love and do anything to be with each other!

8. bstanley says:

MCE is a beautiful talented actress and plays Chelsea great. However, I love Sharon and Adam together. Just love my Shadam. Chelsea and Adam need to share custody of the baby and Sharon and Adam need to have a big wedding and tell all of GC to kiss their butt. Except for Noah and Faith. Chelsea needs to meet someone else and have him treat her good. Maybe Dylan. I hope Dylan turns out to be Sharons brother from the past and not a new lover to break her and Adam up. Chelsea has only had 4 months of gloom being with Adam due to outsiders. Sharon has had 4 years with Adam due to outsiders. It is time for Shadam to be happy.

Ruby C. replied

I agree Bstanley! :) I am all for Sharon with Adam. They are so cute and have a magic between them like a Romeo and Juliet. I am routing for Shadam and a Shadam baby and wedding

Jenny replied

I believe that Chelsea and Adam need to get back together and raise this baby together and I wish Chelsea will tell Adam she is pregnant right in front of Sharon I want to see the bitches face when she finds out that Chelsea is pregnant with Adams baby. Sharon always seems to get what that bitch wants I think someone else needs to have the spot light for awhile Sharon needs to get off her high horse and SHARON needs to get the hell out of Adams life and put Adam back with Chelsea.

9. Lynda says:

I could not see or hear the video as it is not available in my geographic region….Canada!!! That really sucks because I was able to watch and listen the Tracey Bregman’s interview yesterday

10. Mary Tantalo says:

Hands down. Chelsea and Adam forever. Two super talents and always amazing in every scene. They are the only reason I watch the show.
    They are the best on the Y&R.

11. Chalen says:

I am for Sharon and Adam totally, they are the hottest couple on daytime soaps by far and have a lot of chemistry together. Hopefully Sharon will give Adam a baby as well, that would be a great story line.

I like Chelsea but not with Adam, I would like to see her with Dylan for a new romance, they would make a super couple.

Jenny replied

things always seem to go the bitches way so back off Sharon and let Chelsea have Adams heart and Sharon needs to take a long walk and never come back
    so long Sharon so long and it seems to me its always poor poor Sharon

12. Brenda Lee says:

It will always be adam and chelsea. Ihate dharon its like sharon likes two brothers and father-inlaw-/ She is so pityful. all she knows is sex anywhere. adam and chelsea go out have a drink and have fun. sharon is like a dog always looking hungry or hunting. Pleade give her a24/7man.Chelsea is my girl.

13. Brenda Lee says:

Chelsea need to fight for for adam don’t let sharon root you out from under feet with adam/. Let Shasron get with Nick or Dylon. Give Adam and Chelsea back to each and raise the baby. let them stay together for as long as the show last.

14. Leah says:

Chelsea and Adam all the way! You can clearly see Adam has moved on.
    To be honest I think Y & R has ruined Sharons character. From one Newman, to the other brother, to the father is just too much. I really don’t know how they are going to redeem her. And now for her to be happy to take Adams left overs when his heart is clearly somewhere else is PATHETIC. I think Y & R need to either go back to Sharon and Nick or leave her well and truly out of the Newman family men for quite some time. I have to say I really do like Sharon and Dylans relationship and reckon they would be a good match.
    Interesting to note….. When the actors who play Nick and Sharon (Joshua and Sharon) appeared on a daily talkshow last year BOTH agreed that they thought Nick and Sharon were truly each others soulmates. If the actors who portray these characters feel that then I think the powers to be need to stop and listen.