28 November 22nd, 2011 Kimberly McCullough takes to Twitter to address her decision to leave GH!

The news that Kimberly McCullough (Robin) the long time beloved favorite of General Hospital has opted to not stay with the series in 2012, has sent some shockwaves through the soap industry, because it signifies another huge loss of talent for GH as it battles to stay on the air, and because the genre is losing another one of its finest performers.

This afternoon, McCullough to to her Twitter account to address her decision to leave the series and to say “thank you” to her many fans and followers

Kimberly tweeted, “Thank you for your tweets. I have read ALL of them. I wish I had words for the type of gratitude I feel for all of your support for so many years.  Personally, I feel like it’s the right time for me to pursue my dream of directing episodic TV as well as writing and directing feature films. I am heartbroken as well. To leave Robin, a character that is a huge part of myself and my life.  GH is my family and you (the fans) are like my extended family. I hope you will come with my along the journey. I’ve enjoyed getting to know so many of you.  If if wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have been able to make NGFL, a film that ultimately gave me the courage to leave the nest and step behind the camera.  In the coming months Jason Thompson and I will pour our heart and soul into the story that is given to us.  I can promise you that much.  Everything else is out of our control. I am sad too, but I intend to make the best of it.  Again, thanks for the love and opinions and support. I appreciate it more than I can ever express. Stay tuned.”

Jason Thompson (Patrick) also took to his Twitter account to post his sentiments on the imminent departure of his long time scene partner and dear friend from Port Charles tweeting:  “As Kimberly McCullough always does with grace, dignity, heart and courage.  To you, the fans who have supported us for years..with love, thank you! As we do everyday..we’ll put everything we have into what’s next.  It goes without saying that it won’t be the same without my better half. But I couldn’t be more proud of Kimberly! xxoo”

Hankies! This is so sad! Let us know your thoughts as it looks like this is the end of Scrubs!

Tags: , , , ,

1. Chantal says:

Now, I know, GH is going off the air for sure, it cannot survive losing both KMc and JJ months apart with no other veterans to come back to our beloved soap. It is losing its legacy. So long!

2. Kate says:

This is truly a devastating blow to the GH canvas. I wish Kim all the best, but it’s truly heartbreaking to see her and Jonathan Jackson, two actors who many have grown up watching — and who, themselves have literally grown up on GH — gone. Between McCullogh and Jackson’s exits, it feels like GH has just lost a leg, and this further speaks to the rumblings of “the writing on the wall” for GH’s potential cancellation :( . If this was an issue of storyline for both of them, I feel the writers really should have worked with these actors to keep them around, even if only on recurring basis. GH will not be the same. I just hope the writers don’t force a new pairing with Patrick on viewers once Robin is no longer on the canvas.

I pray that they don’t kill the character, I love both Robin and actress Kimberly McCullough, i wish her the best, but seriously I don’t think I can take it if they kill the character of Robin. So heres hoping they do something believable enough for us fan to take. I hope Kimberly isn’t retiring from acting, this is just so sad.

4. ethel says:

i have been a fan of kimberly since she first stepped onto the gh canvas – she is so talented & such an awesome actress – gh is losing a big chunk of their talented staff!!
    i know she will do an excellent job in whatever the future holds for her – she will be missed big time!

5. Sue says:

Wow. Not good for GH. I guess her contract is up and she didn’t want to stay till the end. They’ll probably kill off the character in a mob hit meant for Sonny. This means less hospital stories, more mob.

Brenda, Jax, Lucky, Robin………sad to see what is happening.

6. adriana8900 says:

kimson are the main reason i watch gh so after there is no more scrubs on gh i will stop watching scrubs forever

cathy replied

I won’t be watching Robin die and Patrick move on to someone else. Emma belongs with Robin. They could write Robin and Emma off in a way that when GH ends, She and Emma can reunite with Patrick.

7. adriana8900 says:

rip scrubs and gh goodbye they are going to get cancel now for killing robin off

8. sharon says:

While I am excited for Kimberly from a professional standpoint, I am heartbroken over the loss of such a talented actress on GH and its implications for Scrubs and the character, Robin Scorpio. I personally don’t see GH lasting much longer on ABC and it would have been nice to see Robin and Patrick ride off into the sunset together when the show ends or potentially goes online like I hope OLTL will. But, now it seems like they will kill off Robin and I would not be surprised if GH goes air shortly after that. I will miss Kimberly a great deal and I am devastated about the end of Scrubs! (as devastated as one can be about a fictional couple!)

9. cathy says:

I am devastated at the thought of GH klilling Robin. I find it an insult to me and the actress. JJ said that they were keeping Lucky alive because he is important. I feel Robin and Kimberly are just as important. Robin was a life line to many who suffered with HIV/AIDS and to just end her life so Patrick could go on hits me wrong. GH could have Robin AND Emma missing and presumed dead. I don’;t want to see Patrick’s new love interest which SID is already pushing with ROBIN’S baby, a baby Robin always wanted. Sorry but the end of Scrubs is when Robin dies. I am not even sure I can watch because if I don’t, then I get my happy ending. Not looking forward to JT pimping his new love interest. I was livid to hear him always crediting BBr with the story’;s success when he knows it was a sore subject for Scrub fans. I appreciate the compliment to BBr but Kimberly made the story of the NON Fatal Attraction with the reveal and even then she was not recognized. The whole story was a joke at best. Honestly I rather see GH cancelled now and Robin, Patrick and Emma ride off into the sunset.

10. david says:

Soaps on ABC are dead and they are not coming back to life. Kimberly, in an act of self-preservation, is simply leaving a sinking ship before it goes under. Very sad.

11. dan says:

The show ran successfully for years without Jon J. & Kim M., I don’t see why they still can’t. Nothing special about them.

12. Adela says:

I read that they are indeed killing off the character of Robin Scorpio-
    Drake. He HIV status is being upgraded to AIDS. By killing her off that closes the door to her returning in the future. Couldn’t they just have her being guilty of killing of Lisa Niles and send her to prison until they can bring back Kimberley.

However with all this being said I also believe that ABC is going to take GH off the air.

13. Sherry says:

I wish Kimberly all the best with her new path in life, she has been on the show since being very young, she will be missed. She has shown us the different acting roles that she has played, very much talent, miss you already, I have been a long time General Hospital fan for many years.

14. Gail Wharton says:

very , very sad that she is leaving. She is a key player and one that breathes fresh air …maybe there will be a returm=n…or better yet, reconsider !

15. 1loveabcsoaps says:

I dont mind that Robin is leaving. I mind if she is leaving and killing off the character. That is bothersome. If she didn’t drop in but every 3months for 2 days, she could check into GH, that way if she career didn’t work out, she could come back as Robin, and not be some lookalike, twin, or some other ridiculous character.

barbara t replied

here is where I will fill you in on general hospital,I know you dont like kate but I think she is going through a personality change of some kind ,then again having a relationship with sonny will do that,ethan has to get rid of that boring cassandra,I dont like her,Im glad she is on the way out the gh door,however I wish they could talk ethan to stay.just give him another story far,far away from her.robin,Im so upset she is leaving ,she is the story on gh that I love ,and I will say it again,PLEASE DONT KILL HER,send her away,join doctors without borders ,just dont KILL HER.I am worried there will be to many stories going on in port charlas at the same time ,but as I have said many times I trust ron and frank,and maybe they are putting different characters on the table and see who comes and goes.as far as scott goes I have not seen a post of his for about a week now ,last I heard he is going to give general hospital till the end of march ,if gh doesnt improve ,he doesnt watch anymore,wish he would come back as I told him I like to hear his side of things.and sometimes it takes several months to get a story going .so scott if your reading this come back,we need your 2 cents worth.before I forget Im with you on the dont bring robin back as a twin,look what happened with emily,boring.and it looks like carly and johnny are getting serious,uh oh carly will be involved with the shrinking mobsters again.very upset that house has been canceled,I knew it was going to happen and I dont like that the ending will bring him to his death , rumors, but still dont want to hear that they may do it ,Ive invested 8 years of dr.gregory house ,I dont want him dead,let him stay miserable but please dont kill house.hes another one that should join doctors without borders.let him continue to pop his pills and be rude to his patients.so ,I will be watching another ending to a show I enjoyed.I hope this is the end of canceled programs .thats all for now.

16. kay killgore says:

I heard that Robin is presumed dead in a mob related explosion therefore if GH survives and she wants to come back, she can.

barbara t replied

anything is better then killing her off ,I would also like a clue or see her walk away,just dont want to see her die.that is to much drama over a character I care about, give her amnesia.let her walk off into the sunset,not knowing who she is.I really wish she would change her mind and stay.

barbara t replied

well, all that changed today,Its not mob related ,unless she gets blown up a second time,she better not be dead,let the fire be so hot they cant find any human remains of any kind because its to dam hot,I hope we get to see her walk away ,not knowing who she is ,but thats a problem to ,she has to take care of her health problems,I dont care ,just dont kill robin,in case she wants to come back.broke my heart her telling patrick to go.

17. alli2449 says:

She can’t leave soon enough for me, she was a better actress at 5 then as an adult. Seen her in other series also. I hated when they brought her back. There is no chemistry between Her & Patrick (Jason). Never was a believable pairing.

18. Ronald Walter Klimmek says:

I will really miss Kimberly McCullough. I wish they would find another pretty and talented star like her so that viewers don’t lose the character of Robin Scorpio. I really wish Kimberly McCullough would stay.

19. Ronald Walter Klimmek says:

I love you Kimber. I will follow you wherever your stardom takes you because I love you very much. I wish you would reconsider your decision and saty on GH.

20. Laverne Chopps says:

Why did the character die? She could have just been off the camera. There aren’t many whole families left in GH.

21. Ladyfuzzy says:

Since the first time you came on as that cute little daughter of Anna and Robert I was hooked. I used to take care of a little girl on chemo with ringlets like that. She didn’t make it. The fact that you did let me believe that angels like that would go on. You have to do what you have to do but your loss is the “jumping the shark” episode for me. Take care and make lots of memories with your family. Blessings.

22. Yvonne Redfearn says:

I have been watching GH since my teen years and now I am in my 40′s. I have watched many soaps but I can truly say that Robin Scorpio-Drake (Kimberly Anne McCullough) is/was my favorite character in soap opera history. There will never be anyone like her. Her character will be missed. I am still fighting back tears. I wish Kimberly infinite success in all she does.

23. c robinson says:

BRING ROBIN BACK FROM THE DEAD, BACK TO PATRICK AND EMMA. IT IS A SOAP YOU CAN DO IT

24. kris says:

OK did anyone see yestedays gh at the end the lady in the coma in the hospital bed looks like Robin DIDNT DIE but wats wit that whos behind it lisa? but they claim she died as well anyone think something is odd WOW
    im 4 bringin back robin