Lastest News & Soap Buzz
The elusive Jane Elliot gave her only exit interview to her longtime friend, and noted soap journalist, Michael Logan of TV Insider.
As Jane will wrap up her run as Tracy Quartermaine next week on the May 4th episode she opened up about a myriad of subjects in her farewell chat including: her final story arc, her decision to leave, what her dear pal DAYS Deidre Hall (Marlena) had to say about her departure, and even talked about her favorite soap role of her storied career. Here are some excerpts below:
As to her on-screen send-off Elliot related: “Well, it’s the first time Tracy has left Port Charles not in disgrace. (Laughs) That’s a big win! The first time she left, it was after she tried to kill her father, Edward. The second time she fled with a bag of money and baby Dillon. The third time, she came back to town with Dillon but Edward sent her packing again. She also got kicked out in 2003. Can’t remember why. And, now, it’s by her choice. She’s leaving because she is determined to be a better person.”
As to her final storyline, Jane cxpressed: “Oh, I think it works well enough and that the audience finds it relatable. Tracy is a woman who was never approved of by her father and has spent a lifetime trying to measure up, trying to be who she thinks he wants her to be. That’s why she fell for Luke Spencer. He was always Tracy’s drug of choice. She couldn’t get Luke to commit to her the same way she couldn’t get her father to commit. So you see a repetition in her behavior. To now learn that she really did have her father’s love is satisfying, as is the freedom that it now gives her.” Read more >
- FRIDAY: GH’s Special Tracy Quartermaine Episode As We Get Ready To Say Goodbye To The Incomparable Jane Elliot!
- Kimberly McCullough and Brooklyn Rae Silzer Make A Return To GH!
- WATCH: 44th Daytime Emmys Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series Nominated Performances!
- WATCH: 44th Daytime Emmys Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series Nominated Performances!
- Alison Sweeney Set To Return To Days of our Lives!
- TODAY: The Bold and the Beautiful Visits Home And Family For Special Episode!
- WATCH: 44th Daytime Emmys Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series Nominated Performances!
- PennySoap: I am going to miss her!
- Mister Media: I love Jane Elliot and I’ll miss her. As far as her exit...
- Geoffrey-Martin Cyr: One of the MANY reasons I love Ms. Jane is that, of her...
- rebecca1: Harry!!!! Is it really you? Not Tabitha, Samantha, Addison, Sadie,...
- James R. Poissant: As usual, Jame gave so much class in this interview. I am...
- Lisa Harper: Lexi Ainsworth gives a stellar performance over and over...
- Shay: Mr. Cyr….I have also enjoyed Jane in some of her earlier...